Monday 17 September 2012

Why you leaving?

So the time has finally come where I've decided to temporarily postpone online poker for a few months to 1/2 a year.  First things first.  I am still making great money in online at NL.  A partial graph is given below for NL.





I'm temporarily postponing online play because I have personal items to attend to back in the states, and they are problems not easily solved living out of the country.  At the start of this year I played almost exclusively HU and Sh'd while I started tables.  I made a good chunk of money off of playing regulars HU in games where they were clearly the dog and I was happy.  As time wore on tho, fewer reg's were willing to play me as they realized they were outmatched.   This led me to try to learn PLO, as quite a few players were making good money at it and I found PLO exciting and interesting.  It rekindled my love for poker.  I worked tirelessly to learn the game.  I read forums, I watched videos, I subscribed to PLO centric learning sites, I hired coaches (2 of the biggest crushers in the game), I played a ton of hands at 6max and I lost.  I didn't lose, I lost big, very, very big.  To the point where it really stung quite a bit.  So, this was the point I stepped back and decided now was a good time to take a small break and attend to some matters that I have wanted to for a while.  I don't want to play live as much as I do online, but I think it will be a nice supplement and keep me fairly sharp for NL ring games.  Looking forward to my return to online in a few months. GL Guys.

2 comments:

  1. when did you stop playing? that graph ends a long time before this post was made but doesn't show the downswing you describe. hope it wasn't too brutal.

    anyway, congrats on the success and enjoy the live games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I lost around 50k playing 6m PLO, so it was quite brutal. The reason the graph ends here is because I didn't play much over the summer, I switched between HEM 1, 2, and PT4 often as HEM 1 would blow up, but I couldn't stand the lag with HEM 2 and PT4, and I switched computers as well. This was the last pic I had saved, so it was easiest to put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete